Long before representing Trump, Michael Cohen had business and legal associates who were Russian mobsters, money launderers, and criminals.
- Cohen had an ownership stake in a Brooklyn catering hall and event space that for years rented to Russian mafia bosses Evsei Agron, Marat Balagula, and Boris Nayfeld.
- His childhood friend was fraudster and money launderer Felix Sater.
- His first job out of law school was working for Melvyn Estrin, who pleaded guilty in an insurance adjuster bribing case.
- He did legal work for medical practice Life Quality Medical, whose principal was indicted for insurance fraud, grand larceny, and falsifying business records.
- He did legal work for medical practice Avex, whose owner was charged with criminal insurance fraud.
- Cohen’s father-in-law and two co-owners of a taxicab fleet were all indicted of a money-laundering related offense in 1993.
- Cohen partnered with “taxi king” Simon Garber, a Russian organized crime figure who was convicted of assault, arrested for battery, and pleaded guilty to various criminal mischief.
From Rudy Giuliani to Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s legal team has been marked by turnover, infighting, contradictions, and FBI raids. As the President’s legal troubles worsen, so too does the chaos among his lawyers.