Need to Impeach Statement on Democratic Victories in Florida and Virginia
More than half a million impeachment supporters engaged to vote today
(SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 6, 2018)—Below is a statement from Need to Impeach Lead Strategist Kevin Mack following Democratic victories in Florida and Virginia, where closed at 7 p.m. ET.
Need to Impeach engaged more than a half million of its supporters to turn out and vote in Florida and Virginia, with an emphasis on mobilizing those who reside in key congressional districts needed to secure victories up and down ballots, and help flip the House.
“We engaged 555,349 Need to Impeach supporters in Florida and Virginia to vote today and send a clear message to Donald Trump and his Republican enablers: ‘Enough is enough,” said Mack. “The nationwide impeachment movement that Tom started has helped deliver Democrats their first victories. We extend our congratulations to Senator Tim Kaine, and Representative-elects Jennifer Wexton (VA-10) and Donna Shalala (FL-27).
Need to Impeach National Impact at a Glance:
- Tom Steyer launched the Need to Impeach campaign on October 20, 2017, creating a digital army of more than 6.2 million people that political strategists say is one of the most powerful in Democratic politics.
- Tom has invested more than $120 million — through both NextGen America and Need to Impeach — toward this year’s midterms, including $10 million to transform the Need to Impeach movement into a powerful voter bloc.
- Need to Impeach worked to mobilize our supporters across the country, with an emphasis on 636,688 infrequent midterms voters in 43 key districts in 16 states.
- 78,650 supporters hand wrote 1,645,805 notecards to infrequent midterm voters in 43 key congressional districts across the country, urging them to vote.
- 1,615 get-out-the-vote digital ads focused on getting out the vote have been served on social media and watched 73,874,046 times in the run-up to Nov. 6th.
- Two addressable TV ads targeting voters nationwide have been seen 14,875,080 times over the last three weeks.
- More than 9 million pieces of direct mail have been sent to Need to Impeach supporters.
- Our turnout goal of 75 percent means Need to Impeach’s electoral work could result in 4.6 million people voting, including 1.9 million people who normally don’t vote during midterm elections.
FOR MEDIANeed to Impeach Founder Tom Steyer and Lead Strategist Kevin Mack are available for interviews. For interviews, contact Need to Impeach Head of Communications Erik Olvera at [email protected] or 415-994-3242