Trump self-funded campaign…from Russia
TAKE ACTION: Trump promised to self-fund his presidential campaign, but so much of his money comes from Russia. Tell your member of Congress to vote to release Trump’s tax returns so we can see who he’s really working for: http://bit.ly/2qDreQq
Posted by Need To Impeach on Thursday, April 19, 2018
Donald Trump said he was self-funding his campaign. But much of his business empire comes from Russian money:
- Reuters, 3/17/2017: “Russian elite invested nearly $100 million in Trump buildings”
- BuzzFeed, 1/12/2018: “Secret Money: How Trump Made Millions Selling Condos To Unknown Buyers”
- Seattle Times, 3/9/2017: “Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?”
- Wall Street Journal, 5/17/2017: “Russian State-Run Bank Financed Deal Involving Trump Hotel Partner”
- Miami Herald, 2/27/2017: “Donald Trump and the mansion that no one wanted. Then came a Russian fertilizer king”
- Business Insider, 5/7/2017: “Eric Trump: ‘We have all the funding we need out of Russia’ for Trump golf courses”
- Daily Kos, 1/9/2017: “Donald Trump Was Bailed Out of Bankruptcy by Russia Crime Bosses”
- Axios, 1/18/2018: “FBI investigating whether NRA used Russian money to help Trump”
“Nobody has me,” Trump said. “I’m working for you. I’m not working for anybody else.”
Do you really believe that? Tell your member of Congress to vote to release Trump’s tax returns so we can see who he’s really working for.
The web of Donald Trump’s connections to organized crime is alarming and goes back decades. From Russian mobsters and convicted drug traffickers to multimillion-dollar money laundering schemes and bank fraud, his history of criminal associates puts him — and the country — at risk.