He Claims / He Lies …
- Even before he assumed his underserved and unqualified for position, Kushner prioritized himself and his business.
- Kushner companies, which Jared was no longer running but still had stake in, was seeking financing for its $1.8 billion 666 Fifth Avenue building.
- December 2016 meeting between Kushner and Sergei Gorkov, the CEO of Russian state-owned bank Vnesheconombank (VEB).
- Tied to Russian intelligence services
- Under U.S. Sanctions since 2014
What the bank said …
- “The bank maintained … the session was held as part of a new business strategy and was conducted with Kushner in his role as the head of his family’s real estate business.” [The Washington Post 6/1/2017]
What the White house said …
- “Mr. Kushner was acting in his capacity as a transition official and had many similar discussions with foreign representatives after the election,” Hicks told The Post [The Washington Post 6/1/2017]
What Kushner said …
- Kushner disputes VEB’s account of the meeting. He says he met with Gorkov in his capacity as a transition official because of Gorkov’s close relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin. [CNN 7/24/2017]
- Who’s to say Kushner isn’t still operating under the guise of a Trump official, solely out of self-interest?
Donald Trump has entrusted his son-in-law — who has no government experience, no necessary security clearance, large foreign debts, a rocky relationship with the truth, and a host of conflicts of interest — with one of the most influential jobs in the world.